Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Tokyo 17-22 Sept 2016 Day 1

my first work trip to Japan! was super excited to go back to Tokyo, a place which I called home. 

and my first time on ANA! I like how I can use my own earphones. it's much Eco-friendly this way. however I didn't quite like the seat, especially when the seat is inclined the tv screen comes very close. 


I was so hungry when they have these midnight snacks out I gobbled them up in a heartbeat. 


breakfast!! the soba was good! that was it... haha. the sausage and omelette were normal. 


arrival at Narita Airport!! adventure begins. spoke to Yoyo on the phone to discuss where to meet later. 

I had problems looking for lockers at Ueno keisei :( I should have expected as there are many tourists there. I thought hard for a while and decided to try Kita senju as its a big station too. 

I managed to find one!! out for 2 available. locked it up and quickly left for Shibuya. 

once I reached Shibuya I really felt I was in Tokyo. haha! familiar surroundings. I went on a crazy spree at MK and totally regretted cos I still have a long day to go and it's like so heavy. but later Yoyo offered to carry for me so yay!! it must been about 2kg. 

while waiting for Yoyo at Shibuya, a survey on which guy you will go out with/not go out with. lol

we had lunch at this restaurant called Italian Bee Tapas which I thought wasn't fantastic. anyway after that I said I wanted to go to the book store so we headed to Book1st. saw this interesting sign, the male and female authors are indicated separately. initially I thought it was kind of discriminative but Yoyo explained male and female authors write different contents so people might prefer either styles of writing.
We wondered around a little more and went to Mos Burger to have a drink. chatted for a while and we parted as I left to meet Kono-san. thanks for coming to meet me Yoyo! I was starting to feel tired from the red eye flight. 


arrived at Hibiya Park! first time I am here when it's dark. I was surprised to know there are restaurants inside the park. 

yummy omurice at Matsumotoro. You can choose 2 sauces out of the 4 choices they have. I was so full from it... but it was delicious!! 

with Kono-san's colleague Mariko
they are very nice people :) 

my first cassis oolong this trip hehe. but I felt they didn't get the recipe right. anyway this place Hibiya Saroh is a cool place to hang out at night. today was cool and nice. 

later the staff broke some plates. just beside us. the sound was deafening ><

I met Kono-San at the Meguro International Friendship Association. I didn't know she has been working there for 7 years! wow. now she is with a theatre right next to Tokyo Dome. 

we parted at about 8pm and since I had time before I meet Johnathan I strolled around Marunouchi :) 

took the train from Tokyo station to Akasaka, was a little lost but I managed to reach there on time! Johnathan was waiting for me at exit 7. I haven't seen him for like 3 years?? omg. we went to the supermarket to grab some drinks before going back to his shared house "Borderless Akasaka". the shared house is in a nice neighbourhood so his rent is like almost 50k-60k yen for a bunk bed. that's really expensive. 


his housemates started to come home one by one. they were very cool people!! Neil, Maki, Mako... we chatted and drank a bit and I left to catch the train.

a little tipsy by then haha. I needed to get to Kita senju to get my luggage!!! 

thank you cleaning ojisan. I was lost in the station and you helped me feel the locker location. I exited chiyoda line from Akasaka and had to go down an escalator on the right and come up again before finding the locker on the right. I wouldn't have done it by myself. really thank you!!! managed to catch the train back to Kita Ayase safely. 

oden for supper!!!!! as usual. hahaha. it was awesome to see hiroko again. I'll be staying with hiroko for the next 2 days. thank you Shiozaki and Hiroko!!!! 

my obsession :) 

my long day with only 2-3 hours of sleep. so extreme XD 



No comments: